Calls
For
Cthulhu

Saturday, April 07, 2007

What we're working on

Recently, a viewer wrote in to ask if we could get him a high-res version of the show, so that he could make translations into his native language (Spanish) for his sister, because she doesn't speak English very well.

We thought this was a great idea. We made high-res versions of all the episodes, and mailed him a disk, complete with scripts, to ease the project. However, we did it on one condition. When he finishes with the translation, he's going to send us a copy of the Spanish-subtitled version. That way, we can add him to our credits, and publish a Spanish version of C4C.

But then we started thinking about that. Now we have high-res versions of the show, hidden episodes (you knew about those, right?), scripts, and alternate language subtitles. Sounds like we've got enough there for a DVD!

So, in addition to working on Episode 5, we are also putting together a DVD. The first version, which should be available in the next couple of weeks, will only have the English version. However, we're hoping to have alternate languages available soon after that.

This also brought up another idea. Are you multi-lingual, and wish that you could help spread the joy of Cthulhu with your friends and family? If so, write us a note, and we can make arrangements for you to translate C4C to your language, and be added to the credits for the show. We would love to start showing C4C in Spanish, Dutch, Italian, German, Portugese, and as many other languages as we can.

We look forward to hearing from you.

7:30 PM

15 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

An english subtitle would be nice, too.
I'm brazilian and I could subtitle it to portuguese, but I can't understand some of the characters very well. The ones who've got accent are a pain in the a**...
With the script I can do it.

Swallows,
Arthur

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger BrandG said...

Arthur, send us an e-mail at cthulhu.hotstud1413@gmail.com, and we'll get you a disk with the scripts and high-res renders.

Also, I'll start working on an english-subtitled version.

Thanks!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Dante said...

Keep up the good work guys!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the DVD is a GREAT idea. I was just going to write you and ask you if you had any plans on it because I know I would love to own a copy of it for myself and I can think of quite a few other people that would absolutely love the show also!.

Thank you for thinking this up!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Cleber said...

I'm on in the (brazilian) portuguese translation. if you send the script to fafica.getech@gmail.com I could translate into portuguese (all of them) with pleasure =). Then you render and publish as yourself in youtube =)

I'm in the Orkut community (not very movemented, but on) about Calls for C#$@#$@# (my skinny flap hands couldn't take it...)
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=21860000

thanks! Great show,
I'll swollow your soul =)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Tsathoggua said...

Hello Big C,

do you plan to bring up synchronised versions in the foreign languages or do you symply want the subtitles?

P.S: I'm German and speak french as well (and surely the toadish language spoken in the dark realms of N'Kai, but nobody really wants to hear)

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Vidocq said...

Ia Cthulhu everyone. With scripts and a hi-res I'd be more than happy to make a french sub of the episodes. i have translated scripts before, mostly in the comedy category as well, for a few projects some friends needed help for, so, just let me know if you guy would like me to give you a h... er a tentacle.

*wiggle wiggle*

Dave

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger BrandG said...

Tsathoggua, Vidocq, I'm really glad to hear from you guys. So far, we've got one Spanish Translator, and three Portugese translators. I'd be glad to send you guys disks with the high-res renders and scripts.

Just shoot me an e-mail with your meatspace addresses, and I'll get the disks to you.

And Tshthoggua, I was planning on releasing the show subtitles in as many languages as I could, and adding those subtitles to the DVD. Are you suggesting redubbing? Could be interesting.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Ferk said...

I'm spanish too.. if you need any help just let me know, it would be an honor to be useful to our mighty lord Cthulhu.

If the subtitles where added as subtitle tracks there could be added even the language of the Old Ones for some episode since size would not matter. It may be funny :P

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger BrandG said...

That would be cool (subtitles in the Old Ones language). Hey, you know what else might be fun? A little oval at one corner, with someone doing the sign language translation! Especially if you tied it in with the jokes, like in the movie "Airplane".

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Lohoris said...

I can do the Italian translation, i've sent an email.

Wish a good work to the other translators, and happy lurking in the nameless darkness to everyone. And i *do* mean everyone.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Vidocq said...

brandg, you'll get an email of me tonight, from a spare adress :)

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Tsathoggua said...

Hello again,

I regret to tell you that I wouldn't have the time nor the proper equipment to redubb it, but concerning the script translation, that should be no trouble...

Yours sincerely,
Uncle Thoggi

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Dmitry said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Dmitry said...

Great show.
I can make a russian translation. And send you text for subs.
I think that would be nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home